March is set aside as the month for us to take a closer look at our nutrition/eating habits. So, let’s dive right in… For some, making a few tweaks is all you will need to reach your nutritional goals. For others, it may take a little more work.
When choosing to make changes in the way we eat, it is very important to set small, simple goals. During an initial health coaching session, I like to start with breakfast. Some good breakfast goals may include:
- I will not skip breakfast.
- I will add a good protein source to my breakfast.
- I will reduce the amount of fat in my breakfast.
Once you have reached your breakfast goal, then move on to lunch and finally on to dinner. Be realistic when setting goals and give yourself some time. For example, it may take a month before you reach your breakfast goal.
Other nutritional goals may include:
- I will only eat out twice a week.
- I will add a fruit/vegetable serving to each of my meals.
- I will drink water with 2 of my 3 meals.
- I will make healthy snack choices.
Test your nutrition knowledge by taking fun nutrition quizzes at choosemyplate.gov (click here).
For other nutrition tips, see the nutrition page under health/wellness. Also, feel free to contact me (under contact tab) with any additional questions. Be sure to follow this blog by signing up to receive new posts by email.